Work with us
Control Centre Co-ordinator
Job Req ID: 284465
Posting Start Date: 23-Feb-2023
Location: Selly Oak, Birmingham, West Midlands, GB, B29 6EY
Contract Type: Full Time, permanent
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: £22,000 per annum, plus excellent benefits
We operate the exciting West Midlands Cycle Hire scheme on behalf of Transport for West Midlands (TfWM) and the West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA). We operate 1500 bikes and eBikes within the region including in Birmingham, Wolverhampton, and Coventry.
- This role will see you manage the day-to-day activity of West Midlands Cycle Hire Scheme's drivers, mobile operatives, and incident management, maintaining regular contact with our On Street and Redistribution Operatives.
- You will also manage the day-to-day logistics of the scheme, including front line interactions with TfWM and all partners, analyse the scheme's operational performance and prioritise and plan tasks according to KPIs, operational plans and TfWM requirements.
- In addition to this, you will operate the scheme's core technologies, including but not limited to incident management software and health and security logs to deliver both planned and reactive maintenance, schedule planned events and record results and monitor incident management systems to ensure all data is captured and checked for accuracy.
- As the first line of support for all events and incidents that occur throughout the West Midlands Cycle Hire Scheme, this is a vital role within the Cycle Hire Scheme allowing us to proactively manage the redistribution of 1,500+ bicycles around the West Midlands to balance to satisfy customer demand, support the Control Centre Team Leaders and Operational Managers in the successful delivery and continuous improvement of the contract.
You won’t be doing this alone either. Our team is made up of professional, friendly, and supportive teammates, including managers who began their careers with Serco as Control Centre Co-ordinators who now hold Supervisor, Operations Manager and Contract Manager titles.
We are dedicated to the ongoing development and career progression of our Control Centre Co-ordinators, with outstanding training opportunities made available to you, along with the chance to undertake additional qualifications. These include, but are not limited to, driving courses, Team Leader and Management training and a supportive management team who will provide guidance and advice to ensure you achieve all that you want to with Serco.
What do I need to do the role?
- To be considered for a position within our team it is essential that you can multitask (it is a very fast pace environment), you can deal with pressure and deadlines, quick thinking and decision making (as many times you will have to work unattended and make decisions while dealing with incidents) and common sense.
- You will have intermediate level skills in MS Word, Excel and Outlook, excellent communication and interpersonal skills and strong analytical and problem resolution skills.
- You should have the ability to plan, organise and schedule tasks effectively, adapt to a dynamic working environment and outstanding customer service skills.
- Please note, You will be required to work on a shift rota basis to cover various hours.
- This role would suit candidates with logistics, reactive and maintenance planning experience.
Please note, this position is subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
What we offer
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- Interesting, varied, and enjoyable work
- A company that recognises your contribution