Accessibility on wmcyclehire.co.uk
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA - wmcyclehire.co.uk is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 Level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- some interface elements do not have sufficient colour contrast. For example, buttons, text and hovering on buttons
- some links or controls open new windows or frames without a warning
- there’s a limit to how far you can magnify the map on our ‘station map’ page
- our cookie modal dialog does not have a descriptive dialog title
We will continue to improve accessibility across wmcyclehire.co.uk inline with WCAG guidelines. This work is being carried out throughout 2021.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of wmcyclehire.co.uk. If you are having difficulty viewing or navigating the content, notice any functionality that you believe is not fully accessible to people with disabilities, or have any suggestions on how we might improve our website’s accessibility please contact us via:
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- our live chat: stating "Accessibility" when prompted
This statement was created on 19 May 2021.