Our COVID-19 response
The safety and well-being of our riders and teams remains our top priority during this period. We encourage you to stay healthy and active during this time and urge all users to observe good hygiene and be socially responsible. This is a collective effort to keep yourself, your loved ones and everyone safe.
There are some concerns about the possibility of the bikes spreading the virus as they are used by various people throughout the day so we want to be clear on what we are doing and what riders need to do to make sure we can keep bikes available for those who rely on them as means of transport.
What we are doing
The majority of our team are working from home, only a few staff are travelling to maintain the upkeep of the bikes. Due to the way our bikes move around the region, it is not operationally possible for us to disinfect the bikes between each ride and keep the service running to everyone.
What we ask riders to do
We are asking our riders to take reasonable precautions when using the bikes:
- Please wash your hands before and after using the bikes, if you can’t wash your hands immediately before and after, you can use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- Please could you wear gloves when riding. Wash your gloves after use or dispose them safely after riding.
- When riding avoid touching any parts of your face if you haven’t washed your hands or gloves.
- Consider other users and follow social distancing guidelines from the government.
- If you are self-isolating please do not use West Midlands Cycle Hire. If you suspect symptoms of coronavirus while riding then you should stop riding and access information about what to do next visiting NHS 111.